Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby

OK - this is my first blog post EVER and its pretty predicable but I hope you'll give me a pass because my baby just turned SIX today.  What is there to say except - "Oh My GOSH - how can she possibly 6 already, wasn't she just born a couple days ago?"
I mean really when did this sweet little baby,

Turn into this beautiful young girl?

(i promise more on the birthday tea party soon)

When I think back to this day 6 years ago it is with such strong but mixed emotions that I can't quite talk about it this moment.  But that is what this blog is for, I want it to be a journal about the past, the present, and our ever changing hopes for the future.  Hopefully someday it will be more than just a chronicle for our family to watch Cate (and Lucy too of course!) grow but it will be a little resource for the moms of little kiddos with Down Syndrome who are wondering what about what the future might look like when they get to kindergarten.
So for now Happy Birthday to my baby who really does make the sun seem brighter than I ever imagined it could shine six years ago. 

Cate's "Birth Minute" gift, she was exactly 6 years old in this picture at 7:50 am
(Lucy was Ric's clock watcher!)

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Cate & congrats on the new blog!

    I love the birth minute gift idea. I might even steal it, except all 4 of my girls were born between 11:56 pm & 3:30am!

    I look forward to reading more about Cate!

    Laura
    downsyndromeupupupandawayblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Cate! I can't wait to watch your story here,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new blog! I love blogs with 'older' kiddos with Ds. Gives me a peek into what I have to look forward to! :) Happy Birthday Cate!

    ReplyDelete