Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What happened to 31 for 21 on A Brighter Sunshine?

Apologies again - feel like I'm doing that a lot lately even though I said I'd never make excuses for not blogging since I'm not the type to write when I have nothing to say.  Last year I loved the challenge of 31 for 21 and successfully blogged every day in October to raise awareness for Down syndrome.  It was fun to stretch my mind for new topics and to work towards a blogging goal.  Everyday I not only wrote, but I also read so many great new blogs.  This year I'm barely keeping up with my two favorite blogs and then only because we are facebook friends and they post their links there so I see them in my 5 minutes of facebook time each day.   I am just swamped - no other way to put it.  I ended September working to get Cate back on track at school and adding her new horse lessons into our packed schedule then I started October by leaving town for two days for a funeral.  No time to think about writing, although I took a picture or two with intent - like this one of what I packed first for my trip to Iowa -

day one - veggie pasta, strawberries, olives, Annie's bunny cookies and Capri sun
day two - ham sandwich cut elephant shaped, cheese (soy for Lucy), strawberries, carrots, veggie sticks, water
day three - turkey & cheese rolls, applesauce squeezer, bell peppers, pretzels, super V juice

I know most people pack clothes or toiletries first, I pack lunches for other people.  Not because my hubby couldn't handle the job but because I think its is fun!  I love figuring out lunch ideas and putting them together - although I hate the clean up.  I made each of the girls three days worth of lunches ready, along with labeled bags of non-fridge items to make it one easy chore for Ric.  I knew he had a challenge dealing with both girls and their crazy schedules by himself for 2 plus days.  Our kids require a two person team to get it all done for sure, sometimes three or four.    Of course I did get packed eventually with all the clothes I need and the trip went smoothly even flying standby.
Once I got back from Iowa everything was in full swing and I just never caught up at work or home.  Today I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but I'm realistic to know I can't jump into posting everyday.  I'm promising myself I'll try again next year and do better about getting on the blog hops so I can keep my writing going and not let reading blogs get away from me.  Writing for me is very therapeutic and I do enjoy it so I don't want to stop.  Sometimes it just has to be put on the back burner when things are moving along very swiftly but smoothly enough I don't need therapy.  This seems to be one of those times, we'll see.
In the mean time here are some pictures from Cate's make up horse lesson yesterday!

 
Lucy waiting at the fence in her new pink boots


Cate talking to Hershey

headed to grooming stall

this is big for Lucy, she actually pet Hershey while Cate was grooming

Cate spent all lesson fighting her helmet so now she has one of her very own that we can adjust.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously want to get Sammi riding lessons, but it's so expensive. :-(

    Btw, I'm amazed at how ORGANIZED you are!!! Wow, packed lunches for 3 days? We'd just go to Mickey D's. LOL

    I totally hear ya on the inability to post and the busy, hectic life. My small periods of "me" time are few and far between, and used for doing little more than kicking back and watching TV.

    ReplyDelete