Monday, April 16, 2012

my Addiction

My apologies for no recent posts when I have so much to tell you about but I can only blame it on my addiction.  My name is Lisa and I am addicted to books.  Before the girls were born I would read at least a novel a week, all fiction - ranging from almost trash romancey mystery to crime & law dramas.   Since the girls were born I've had very little time to read so now it takes me a month to read anytime that isn't captivating.  When Ric & I went on our cruise I read a book I loved called "Discovery of Witches" that was recommended by a friend.  I was dying for something new to get me only to be disappointment by my next two choices.  Then my friend at work convinced me to read "The Hunger Games".  I was not even a little interested given the premise but decided to give a chance since I had it in my hands the same thing happened last year with the first Twilight book - which I devoured.  I was hooked by the 4th chapter.  I love crime novels but they always on the verge of being real but I really love books that take me out of my life into a totally different place whether it be to a place where vampires live among us or a post-elliptical world.  So I plowed through the first book, reading until long after I should have gone to bed and anytime the girls would allow me to zone out.  I made myself wait a week before downloading the second one on my Kindle Friday.  I figure at this rate I'll be done before I go to sleep tonight.  So I promise some real stuff - I did take some new pictures this weekend - in the next couple days along with post about our new developments in school (yeah Cate!) and a new activity (rah rah!) - if you'll forgive me this little addiction, I need to get back to work so I can get home to read!!!

in the meantime here is a picture of my big girl shopping at Whole Foods - her new favorite grocery store given the discovery of the kid size shopping carts!


No comments:

Post a Comment