Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary hubby

Today is my 8th wedding anniversary and although it seems in many ways to have been just yesterday, it also seems like a lifetime ago that Ric & I had our little garden wedding.

vows - 5/8/2004
 

Ric's family

my parents & grandparents
including Lucy's namesake (blue dress) whom I miss so completely as I look at this picture
because she would have loved my girls so much

When I think of all the things that have happened since that beautiful day, sometimes I wonder how we fit it all in and stayed sane - buying a house, two pregnancies, two c-sections, a surprise DS diagnosis, a NICU stay, a congenital heart defect diagnosis, apnea monitors, medications, open heart surgery, many house projects, finding daycare, lots of trips to immediate cares & even a couple ER visits, starting kindergarten, chasing toddlers and now big girls. It is exhausting to even write but each step has challenged us and drawn us closer together. When someone said "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", they must have been thinking about evolving as parents. Even as the difficult things like handing over your 4 month old baby to a nurse to taking her to open heart surgery make you stronger, the littlest happy moments do as well - walking into see a daddy sleeping with his infant daughter on his chest or dancing with both of his little girls to the music on the TV and sharing a secret smile when one of the girls says something only we would realize how smart it is of her. I know how lucky I am to have found the one person who balances my erratic moments, makes me dance and laugh, soothes my soul when its aching, loves his girls (all of us) with his whole heart, and protects all of us.
Happy Anniversary to the best husband for me & father for Cate & Lucy imaginable.


 all my love, always

No comments:

Post a Comment