Friday, March 9, 2012

Dairy Free - Egg Free Cut Out Cookies

Sounds yummy?  Actually they were!!  Today is Lucy's birthday snack at school so I needed to send an allergy free cookie for her class.  She is actually not the only milk/egg allergy child in her class so I wanted to be extra cautious.  Luckily while I was cruising the allergy related blogs I read and I came across this recipe for "Giant Cookies" on the Living the Allergic Life blog.  It was amazingly easy and they are the best allergy friendly cookies I've had yet.  Lucy originally chose vanilla cookies but Kroger let me down and didn't have any of the cake mixes without milk in the dry mix so she had to choose between what we had at home.  Strawberry was the winner just like the original recipe and they are YUMMY!



Hope the kids like them!!!

Giant Cookie {Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free}
reprinted with permission from http://livingtheallergiclife.blogspot.com

1 cake mix {read the labels to find one your child can eat. I bought Duncan Hines Strawberry Supreme which contains wheat and soy and has been processed around tree nuts. This one is okay for her.} (I used the same brand and flavor for Lucy)
3 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer (Both our local Kroger & Publix had this brand - Kroger had it in the baking section of the "nutrional" area) + 4 Tablespoons warm water, mixed well
{OR 2 Eggs if you are not allergic}
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Vegan Chocolate Chips, optional - I chose not to use them this time. (Lucy didn't want them either)

Mix all ingredients well. Roll out onto a cookie sheet in the shape you want. (Mine was just a big blob! but try to keep it even or the edges will get hard.)  Bake at 350 for 16 - 20 mins but watch closely because thickness will effect time.  You can bake it and then cut shapes or cut shapes first. Frost as desired. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment