Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My baby is 3!

Lucy had a great birthday party on Sunday - her first ever!!!  I know everyone says this but I can't believe she is 3 already (on the other hand sometimes I can't believe she isn't 10).
The 3 Year Old Birthday Girl
The gymnastics facility and teachers were great and we had a wonderful turnout. 
How much fun is this place?

I even made two kinds of dairy-free, egg-free cupcakes successfully - a first for me!  The chocolate ones were a last minute addition when I realized the vanilla recipe only made 16 cupcakes which was the number of kids expected.  I found a great tip to take a regular box of cake mix (that doesn't have milk/eggs as a mix ingredient) and mix it up with 12 ounces of sprite then back as directed.  We didn't have sprite so I gambled and used Dr. Pepper.  I was amazed to find out this actually worked and the cupcakes were pretty darn good if a little sticky. 
Lucy picked a Toy Story theme so I wimped out and used paper decor.

All the kids seemed to have a great time playing with the parachute, diving in the foam pit, doing the obstacle course and bouncing on trampolines.  Cate being the "older women" was even taken under the wing of a teenage gymnast probably there to practice.  She helped Cate do the larger equipment and kept her entertained.  Lucy was a good hostess, even after telling me "I didn't give them a tutu (translate=invitation)" every time I told her about a positive RSVP!  She kept saying I only want my favorite friend R, Cate, Mommy & Daddy to come.  She was overwhelmed at the amount of presents and smiled all day until she fell asleep three minutes after leaving the party.  It was a great day!!
trampolines

Fun in the foam pit

Lucy loved the parachute but wasn't interested in going inside the bubble.

She was a little unsure about being the center of attention for the birthday song but was ready for the cupcake.

playing with a present with big sis

No comments:

Post a Comment